Wednesday, February 16, 2005

No-strikes and Your...Out!

Christian Grantham has been running several postings on drug-use within the G/L community.

It may be judgmental, but I've always had a "no-tolerance policy" in combining friends or "playmates" with drugs. I might be paranoid; but I've never even allowed someone I knew or suspected used anything stronger than poppers ride in my car, or enter my place. Smoking and smoker's breath/mouth may be a personal turn-off, but drug-use just plain scares me. I've walked away from more than a few real hotties once they suggested he (or I) might need a hit.

The rampant tobacco and recreational drug-use in the G/L is appalling, and it doesn't surprise me that Meth-use weakens the immune-system to HIV. After AIDS, I think there's going to be a wave of mid-life lung cancer due to all the smoking in the gay community. I'd like to see anti-smoking added to the HIV/AIDS and anti-coke/meth/E messages to our community.