Thursday, February 02, 2006

Boehner as GOP House Leader

I’m afraid this dooms any meaningful attempts at real Congressional-behavior reform; and paves the way for St. Hillarybeast’s candidacyin 2008. Not that she’s assured the Presidency, but I think she’s a lock on the Democratic-nomination. And the GOP is going to lose the House in either 2006 or 2008. The GOP’s elected-leadership is too compromised and forsworn at this point to have any reformist legitimacy, despite the incompentence of the DNC and the Democratic Party Leadership.

The retention of Roy Blount as GOP House Whip merely reinforces that it will be business as usual in tha Halls of Congress...no meaningful reforms on lobbyists, no public shamings of pork, and no accountability for earmarks. While I’m not “shocked”, I am saddened that the elected-leadership of my party could be so parochial and blind to reality.

It’s a sad day. It’s merely a return to the ol' bipartisan “…everyone’s a crook but my guy, and he brings home the bacon to the District.”